It's time for our Annual Conference on Poverty, Utah's premier conference for low-income service providers and all those interested in learning about poverty in Utah. The conference is a two-day training on April 28 and 29 at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City, Utah. The conference will feature experts in their respective fields and a networking opportunity for professionals and volunteers in the nonprofit, government and business sectors whose work is focused on alleviating poverty in Utah. We provide solution-based workshops and plenary sessions to ensure a meaningful training experience for those working to address poverty in Utah.
Thank you to our distinguished list of speakers for joining us this year:
- Lt. Governor Spencer Cox
- Jennifer and Sam Plumb, Utah Naloxone
- Max Roth and Ben Winslow, Fox 13 Utah
- Anna Brower, ACLU of Utah
- Randy Raphael, Utah State Office of Education
- Pauline Zvonkovic, HUD's Salt Lake Office
- Danny Harris, AARP
- Martha Wunderli, AAA Fair Credit Foundation
- Chris Swaner, Cottages Of Hope
- Shawn Teigen, Utah Foundation
- Kit Gruelle, Utah Domestic Violence Coalition
- Kristen Mitchel, Youth Shelter Home in Ogden
- Debbie Baskin, SLC RESULTS
- Stephanie Tobey, Zions Bank
- Kimberli Haywood, Ally Bank
- Lori Kowaleski-Jones, University of Utah - Department of Family and Consumer Studies
- Jen Nibley, Community Action Services and Food Bank
- Boo Reiser and Chiara Cameron, United Way 2-1-1
- Sisifo Taatiti and Carrie Mayne, Utah Department of Workforce Services
We are extremely excited about the incredible lineup of speakers and workshops this year! Check out our list of workshops here.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016 CONFERENCE IS CLOSED
We hope you're able to join us next year!