Professional Development: This track is good for anyone looking to improve his or her workplace efficiency, grant writing, or overall office morale
- True Colors – Improve communication skills by identifying your personality strengths
- Engaging Stakeholders – Identifying Partners that can move your Project Forward
- Grant Management – Writing Grants, Tracking Grants and Achieving Grant Goals
- Understanding and Managing Different Generations – Providing Skills to Work with all Ages
- Coalition Building – How to Make it Work
CAP Track: Although specialized for our agencies this track includes a variety of topics that are useful for service providers.
- DBA FACSPro Database: Tips and Tricks
- How to Know what your Community Really Needs: Community Needs Assessments and the 3-Year Plan
- Community Services Block Grant 101
Basic Needs Track: This track will provide relevant and solution focused workshops for those working on the ground directly serving our community.
- From Stress to Stability: How to Maximize your Client’s Money
- Learn to access the most current 211 Resource and Referral Information
- Tips and Tricks on how to use MyCase to most Effectively Assist Customers – Advanced
- How to work Effectively with Disenfranchised Populations – Panel
- De-escalation – Learn Conflict Resolution Skills
Policy and Advocacy Track: This track will not only help you understand the process but YOUR role in it. This is aimed to share important ways for agencies and clients to connect to policy.
- Advocacy and Budget 101
- Legislative Wrap-Up and Telling the Story of Poverty
- Federal Nutrition Programs and their Impact on Low-Income Households
- Health Care Policy and How it Affects Low-Income Utahns
- Utah Housing Policies Affecting low-Income Utahns
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Basics of Community Organizing
CHECK BACK SOON FOR COMPLETE AGENDA WITH SPEAKERS!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2 DAY CONFERENCE CLICK HERE