CAP Utah is excited to partner with 2-1-1 to host the first annual 2-1-1 Talks - A Summit for Those in the Helping Profession. The event is designed to inform, connect, and empower professionals and volunteers who work tirelessly to meet the needs of others. Josh Pendersen from United Way Worldwide will be speaking on the past, present and future of social services delivery. Lyn Christian of SoulSalt Inc. is giving the closing keynote, "You're Already a Badass: How Not to Forget it" which will focus on turning empathy into compassion so you don't burn out.
Some topics on deck for breakouts:
- Demystifying DWS
- Financial Stability for Service Providers
- Creating Trauma Informed Practices
- Suicide and Mental Health in Utah
- Partnerships with 2-1-1 Data
- Volunteer Connections
- Self-Care: Mindfulness and Compassion Fatigue
- Multi-generational Case Management
- Access to Justice - navigating the legal system
- Changing When Change is Hard
- Parental Resilience
- Mental Health First Aid
- Domestic Violence and Building Bridges out of Abuse
The conference will take place on Wednesday, June 26th from 8am - 4:30pm at the Salt Lake Community College Miller Campus in Sandy, UT (9750 S 300 W).