Community Action Partnership of Utah (CAP Utah) is requesting proposals from accounting firms to provide bookkeeping to the organization. We invite your firm to submit a proposal to us by October 12, 2019, 5:00pm Mountain Daylight Time to . A description of our organization, the services needed, and other pertinent information follows:
CAP Utah is a tax exempt 501(c)3 entity that is the statewide association for Utah's nine Community Action Agencies. CAP Utah leads, strengthens, and supports the Community Action network by working with community stakeholders to advocate for vulnerable populations, build thriving communities, and ending poverty. Additional information about the organization can be found at https://caputah.org. Annual revenues are budgeted at approximately $450,000.00 and the organization employs up to 4 individuals. Major sources of revenue include Regional Innovation and Performance Consortium, Discretionary Community Services Block Grant, Internal Revenue Services, bank contributions, membership contributions, and private donations. The organization operates on a federal fiscal year from October 1 – September 30. The organization uses QuickBooks for its general ledger/accounting software and ADP for its payroll.
Services to Be Performed
Your proposal is expected to cover the following services:
- Reconcile Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Validate accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain accurate chart of accounts
- Assist CAP Utah Executive Director with filing agency 990 form
- Verify, allocate, and post transactions
- Process payroll
- Prepare information for audited financial statements
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic files using CAP Utah’s SharePoint system
- Attend board meetings and provide financial reports
- Assist with setting up general ledger, chart or accounts, financial controls, and other related financial capacities for a new non-profit forming from existing organization
Your Response to This Request for Proposal
Your response must include a reply to each of the numbered requirements below and should not exceed 3 pages in length.
- Provide an executive summary detailing why the Organization should engage your firm to provide accounting/bookkeeping services.
- Provide a background of the firm, including years in business, number of employees, and industry specialty
- What do you charge for services? Will you charge a flat fee or is it an hourly rate? If hourly, please itemize costs. If a flat fee, what is the average number of hours expected to be worked per month?
- Please describe your knowledge of Uniform Guidance, fund accounting, and/or non-profit accounting. Does your firm have experience working with state and federal grants?
- Please describe your experience with bill.com, payroll systems, Quickbooks, and/or other related software.
- Please provide reference of other non-profit clients
- Any additional other information which you feel is important for CAP Utah to consider.
The following are key organizational staff that you may contact regarding any questions as you prepare your proposal:
Evaluation of Proposals
The organization will evaluate proposals based on assessment of qualifications, industry knowledge, services, and fees.
It is anticipated that members of the CAP Utah governing board will make a final decision on October 30, 2019. However, the board may take longer if additional information is needed or to request additional information from interested parties. Any firm submitting a RFP will be notified of the decision within 14 days.